Welcome to my blog.

After a few random posts I've decided to dedicate this blog to my life long project of Japanese food
and culture (and my life in general, especially my travels).

Since my first taste of sushi back in 1997 I've been interested in, and frequently been making
Japanese food.
My interest in the country and culture started long before and continues to evolve.
I was lucky to finally visit Japan in October 2008, again in November 2019 and hope to be back soon.
In July 2012 I visited Japantown in San Fransisco, the next best thing!
I was lucky to be back in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 thanks to the fact that we now have family living in California.
Both small and big adventures will from now on, as time permits, be shared with you.

I will post other recipes and pictures too, mainly cooking projects, plants and art projects
(including my new love - making kumihimo braided objects).

I hope you'll find it interesting, and feel free to leave a comment or ask questions!

I write mainly in English, but there will be some Norwegian too, especially posts about things
that mainly have Norwegian interest. Tutorials are bi-lingual.

Sunday 17 July 2011

Gifts!

I have no idea what I´ve done, but last week I got 2 very nice presents!
From my friend Turid, I got two new furoshiki, from Japan. She visited Japan a little while ago.
One cotton with flowers, and one in 100% silk, two colors on opposite sides. I can´t wait to try them!

From my colleague I got a nice summer present; a candle holder shaped as a lotus flower, beautiful!



I also got some chrysanthemum tea I´ve ordered. I plan to pack the tea in small bags and
send them to the people that orderes items from krysantemum design.
I´ve been contemplating for a while what to pack as "free treats", and landed on the tea.


Now I need to get some small see-through bags and we´re set!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genialt å sende den teen sammen med produktene til kundene. Nå skulle jeg ønske det var en te som het zikkzakk.:)

Linuz said...

Ja, jeg har lett en stund etter noe passende... Prøvde å få tak i "te-blomster" som åpner seg, men de har stort sett alle andre blomster inni untatt krysantemum... zikkzakk te.... lurer på hvordan den hadde smakt? :))